Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rubics (cont.)

I found the Rubistar website to be a great tool to use as a teacher, and I definitely plan on using it for my classroom. Overall, I believe that rubrics are always beneficial and can always assist a student in understanding what it is a teacher is looking for in any given subject or assignment. As a student I’ve always found rubrics to be both a guide and a resource because it gives you insight into the teacher’s mind, what she expects of you, and the grade you are likely to receive if you meet those expectations, so it’s all up to you, the student, whether or not you use this resource. I love this website, plan to use it in my classroom, and would recommend it to any other teacher as passionate about rubrics as I am!

2 comments:

  1. It is such a wonderful tool. I am glad that you have found value in it.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're very right. Rubrics do give students a heads up as to what is expected of them on a given assignment. Sometimes I feel that the rubrics, for certain subjects, can block what some of our children can do because it puts pressure on them. In my opinion, it can be a catch-22. On one hand, they know the expectations in advance, but on the other hand the feel pressured to produce these expectations. Oh well - what can we do as educators but to educate... Enjoy your break!!

    ReplyDelete